This week I was ordering a self advertising t-shirt to wear for my Fall running season (I’m determined to have a Fall running season- see my post here about the luck I’ve had with my Spring season)
I met a wonderful woman who is a single mom and had been interested on what my new logo meant. After a few e-mails back and forth, I learned she was a single mom
Although I am not a mother, I have been seeing my friends become mothers and my coworkers as mothers and fathers and know it’s more than a full time job. I know in my position that I may be biting off more than I can chew…which made me think, how can you get fitness in when you have so many things going on? From being an entrepreneur to a more than full timer in your profession/personal life, health and fitness can easily be put on the back burner. It most likely will affect your mood too, making you feel guilty for not getting your workout in.
Here are four tips to get 20 minutes in today:
- Take the stairs during a phone call..have you been meaning to make a phone call which will be longer than 10 minutes? Take it to the stairs! Put your headphones in and talk. Perfect
- At work..set a calendar invite to take a 5 minute walk every two hours. It’s important and is proven that you will be more productive after the 5 minutes!
- Wake up 5 minutes early and walk around. Each day increase 2 minutes more until you are up to 19 minutes. 19 minute walk is better than nothing!
- Make time. It’s HARD, I know. But Make it a priority for ONE week. Add it to your daily goals list, 20 minutes every day and focus on it. You’ll feel amazing after the first 20 minutes that you focused and got it done!
What can it do?
- Boost your happiness
- Motivate you to do more
- Help fight off that tired feeling, gives you energy!
- Shows your children, friends, coworkers, family that a healthy lifestyle is important to you!
Take the commitment to a daily 20 minutes of walking as a busy go getter like yourself. Tell me how it went! We’re taking the challenge at my office this week!